Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Drain Free

At this moment I am now drain free. This is a very nice feeling as I do not have to drag around any of the bags, do not have to do wound care/flushing/draining several times a day (thank you Stephanie!), and I feel like a new man without them. I do not feel 100% by any means, but feel so much better. The latest CT scan revealed a significant reduction in the fluid collection sites, below the threshold that they are concerned with, so I am drain free... for now. It's a matter of monitoring for signs of infection again and if anything pops, I will get a blood test and see where things stand- it's some more wait and see.

I wish I did not have this complication as it has been a setback, not only time wise, but psychologically for me. Oh well, it happened and I just need to move on and deal with the fallout. A few post back I talked about the "new norm" that I am working towards. In the meantime, there is a "transitive norm" that I have to deal with. Figuring out what is transitive and what is new is difficult, and only time will tell which one it is.

Thanks for listening,
Todd

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear being drainless!!! I hope the progression continues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your a strong person Todd. Thanks for sharing and staying strong. You are a light to many!

    ReplyDelete