Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Feeling Good


Blog

It's been a while since I have updated the blog, laregley in part because I have been feeling pretty good and out and about doing other things in life. However, it is important to let you folks know these things, sorry for not getting to that.

I am feeling good, not 100% yet, but feeling good. In the past couple of weeks I have gone back to work part time, and that has been really good. Everyone at work has been super supportive and I am VERY thankful for that. It is good to get into a more regular routine and be part of the regular world again. 

I have been exercising, setting small goals and working my way through them. Over the weekend I ran a mile straight, so I was excited about that. I felt like I could keep running, but I do not want to push it, so I followed my limit I set and walked the rest of the way. 

I am coming along pretty well, making some good progress and I am very thankful for that. There is still a lot  of work to do. Physically I still need to make progress, and emotionally, I am still trying to grasp the situation and its convolutions. As I go through this cancer journey, and I am now post-treatment, one of the next "stops" along the way is how to deal with the fear of recurrence. It is that time during remission, being declared disease free, and the cancer coming back- or five years,  whichever comes first. Most recurrence happens within 5 years, so that is the magic number. 

The idea is to not have it come back.  Initially, I had a very positive attitude about this being a one-shot-deal, but somewhere along post-op I lost sight of that, as surgery had rocked my world so much. Now that I am getting my strength back, I am getting my positive attitude back. I see this as a one-shot-deal, and I am not allowing this fear of recurrence dominate my thoughts. 

Thanks for listening. 

1 comment: