Sunday, March 24, 2013

Update

I realize I have not had an update in quite a while, so I thought I would throw this up there. Overall I am feeling really well. I have ran up to two miles, and even gone on a four mile hike (gentle pace/elevation). I do not have the endurance that I used to have, but believe that is coming back little by little.

I have gained 15 lbs back, so I only have 5 more to go to get back to pre-surgery weight. Although I GREATLY appreciate all the food that has been provided, I am at a point where I no longer need the massive caloric intake. So as much as I have enjoyed the eating fest with the cupcakes, cookies, cobblers, candies (and that's just the foods that start with "c"), I am back to a regular diet and regular calories. So thank you VERY much for the wonderful food, but I've got it from here on out. Thank you!!

I also wanted to share a picture of the tumor itself taken during the surgery. It can be rather gruesome, so if you do not want to see it, you do not have to. For those that do want to see it, you can click on the link below and it will take you to the image of the tumor, which is the big ugly thing in the middle of the frame- I forget what the other two organs are near the tumor.

Click here for image



No comments:

Post a Comment