I am now finished with radiation treatments. It feels good to not have to go anymore and be radiated. I was never a fan of radiation, but the goal is to reduce recurrence, which surgery alone does not generally take care of. I hate radiation, but I hate cancer more. Considering that the side effects for me were not too bad, I am glad that I decided to go down this road.
Radiation treatments are finished; however, the radiation is still having an effect on the tumor and my body. I can expect the side effects to peak next week, then it should start to taper off. The biggest impact has been the fatigue- I have been sleeping in most days, going to bed earlier than usual, and even taking naps. Cooking smells are starting to get to me (have to open the windows), but for the most part, I still have my appetite. Still have a little nausea most of the day, but all this should be going away after next week.
My surgery was rescheduled, again, and is now December 3 in Seattle. I am a little upset/frustrated that it was rescheduled to begin with, but sometimes you just have to roll with it.
I want to thank everyone for the kind words, food, being flexible with plans, and so forth. It is greatly appreciated.
No comments:
Post a Comment