Monday, December 3, 2012

And he's off

The main man in this big adventure was just wheeled off into surgery. His energy and attitude is great and there were no tears, except maybe a few tears of joy from me that we have finally made it to today. I have returned to the hotel to catch some sleep before heading back with my parents about noon. Todd's mom is keeping vigil at the hospital. The nurse will touch base every two hours and I will try to do the same here.

Regarding the light sedative they gave him before they did the epidural port, "I feel kinda drunk. It's nice to feel a little drunk. It's been a long time."

So true, I can't wait until we can all cheer to his good health together. Maybe we will just have to get a little drunk.

3 comments:

  1. Really REALLY appreciate you updating us Stephanie. The whole team is behind you all. I can't wait to buy Todd a beer, sit around and talk about stupid TV shows or movies. D2

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are all here(each in our own way) Supporting Todd. Our thoughts and prayers are with Todd, you and your family. Thank you for the updates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update Stephanie!
    Please keep them coming.

    Sending positive thoughts -
    Chris

    ReplyDelete