Saturday, December 29, 2012

Surgery kicked my ass



I have not posted on the blog myself in a while. Fortunately, my wonderful wifey Stephanie has been great keeping everyone informed- thank you Stephanie! 

To put it bluntly, surgery kicked my ass. I could not appreciate a major surgery until I had one, and now that I have had one, I understand the impact that it has. I went into this thinking that surgery was going to be the easiest part of the whole process- I would go in and then quickly recover, then could rehab- I would blaze through it no problem. I was wrong. I had no idea the impact this would have.

At this point the physical plane of my being has my entire focus, and I am going hour by hour each day- and when it is painful, breath by breath. And concentrating on eating is a chore to make sure I am getting the calories and needed protein. So just recovering is taking a tremendous amount of time and attention on my part- far more than I ever imagined.

Then throw in the complications I've been having and that makes it worse. Again, never thought I would be the one to get complications like this- I know they happen, but I thought it would not happen to me. I was wrong. 

So this is where my mind has been recently, it has been very myopic on my physical self. This Pixies song has been playing through my head a lot lately.

I do want to let everyone know that your thoughts, prayers, and well wishes are greatly appreciated. I love the cards and gifts, the visits and phone calls. Although I cannot even come close to expressing my gratitude, thank you so much!
Todd

4 comments:

  1. One of my favorite songs of all time. Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Todd & Stephani, Thinking of you and wishing you a happy and healthy 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Todd, I am so glad that you are at home and hope that you continue healing quickly!! You and your family have been in my thoughts!!! Here's to a speedy recovery in 2013!!! Lindsey Deshazer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Todd and Stephanie - Thanks for all the updates! I think of you two daily and hope that 2013 brings you good health and well-being.

    ReplyDelete